Water Damage: Understanding The Restoration Process
Water Damage: Understanding the Restoration Process
Experiencing a water loss can turn your world upside down, but by trusting Mammoth Restoration with your water loss you’ve gained a friend to help you weather the storm. Understanding the water damage restoration process is the first step.
- Step 1: Call Mammoth Restoration ASAP – 888-495-5211: The sooner we can get on scene the better off you will be. With water damage, the first 24 hours are critical to minimizing the damage and increases the chances that your valuables can be saved. The longer something is wet, the harder it will be to dry and increases its chances for mold or mildew.
- Step 2: Inspection and Assesment of Affected Areas: During this step, a Mammoth Restoration professional will test and inspect affected areas in order to develop the scope of your loss.
- Step 3: Water Removal: Removing as much water as possible is key to making sure we minimize the damage to your property. Luckily for you, Mammoth’s trained professionals will be using industry leading equipment to extract and pump out the standing water so it doesn’t continue to spread.
- Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification: With the standing water removed we now turn our focus to the water you can’t see. Industrial sized air movers and dehumidifiers will be used to dry the remaining moisture from your business or home.
- Step 5: Contents: Removing contents from the affected area (if possible) or placing waterproof pads underneath the contents will prevent any further water wicking into the materials and allow proper air flow to expedite the drying process of the dwelling and content.
- Step 6: Monitoring and Testing: Using state of the art moisture meters, Mammoth Team Members will test the affected areas to ensure the structure is dry and prevent future mold growth.
- Step 7: Restoration: The final step in the water damage restoration process is the construction needed to bring your property back to normal.