As the saying goes, “truth is stranger than fiction,” and that is especially evident to those of us in the mitigation and restoration business. In fact, animal-related incidents – and in particular, animal cleanup – may be the source of most of our oddest jobs. Here are some of our strangest true-life tales:
- A business owner arrived at work one morning to find that a deer had broken through the plate glass window of his office and was wandering around inside. What possessed the deer vandal to break-and-enter is still unknown. But who to call to get the owner back in business after the deer damage was no mystery — the Mammoth team cleaned up the glass and debris and replaced the window in record time!
- Bats in the belfry is a real thing – well, at least bats in the attic. And, of course, with the bats comes bat guano – lots of bat guano. Our technicians were able to disinfect, deodorize and restore the attic for the homeowners.
- On more than one occasion, we have been called out to a dog vs. skunk job. Spoiler alert: The dog always loses. In one instance, a skunk-sprayed canine managed to get into the house, jumping on sofas and beds, spreading the eye-watering stench throughout the home. With our state-of-the-art equipment and professional know-how, we were able to eliminate the odor from the home.
- One of our clients had a repurposed a barn on their property for entertaining, not livestock. Someone did not share that news with the neighbor’s sheep, real party animals who rampaged through the barn, causing damage to the content and structure. It was Mammoth to the rescue – cleaning up the aftermath from the sheep stampede and putting the barn back in shape for the next humans-only soiree.
- One homeowner left her thunder-phobic canine alone at home during a major rainstorm. The poor panicked pooch soothed her nerves by chewing through a toilet supply line, flooding several rooms in the home in the process. Our Mammoth techs were able to dry out the home and put things back in order, helping the pup reclaim her title as man’s best friend.
So if your property is plagued by all creatures — great and small – for help, just give Mammoth a call!