PLANNING & COMMUNICATION:
- Subscribe to free emergency alerts from your local government.
- Review and Print any existing Insurance Policies.
- Review your Emergency Response Plan with your team. Ensuring each member knows their responsibilities.
- Don’t have an Emergency Response Plan? Review our Disaster Guide By Clicking Here.
- Review, Update & Distribute Your Emergency Contact list.
- Export a staff list with contact information and evacuation plans.
- Develop key communication protocols.
- Contact Mammoth Restoration to notify your potential need.
DOCUMENTS & FILES
- Secure all cash and vital documents
- Backup all digital systems and information to cloud-based storage. (If that is not available, copy backups to external drives and remove them from the property.)
- Take extensive pictures and videos of the building, inside and out being sure to document the contents of each room and closet.
- Gather outdoor furniture, signage, and assets that cause additional damage with high winds.
- Test sump-pumps to ensure they are working properly.
- Board up glass windows where possible.
- Ensure gutters, downspouts, and storm drains are free from debris.
- Inspect the building for any loose materials and repair any lingering issues.
- Remove any branches or trees adjacent to your building that could potentially fall and cause damage.
- Sandbag any area that is subject to flooding
- Unplug all electrical appliances and equipment except for refrigeration.
- Move key files, documents, computers, and equipment off the ground and to a central location and away from windows.
- Elevate items in lower file cabinet drawers on any ground or subterranean levels.
- Lock all doors and windows before vacating the property.
- Cover specialty equipment, electronics, and documents with plastic sheeting and secure.
- Relocate any valuable or fragile possessions.
ASSETS & UTILITIES
- Test any generators or backup power supplies you may have.
- Test Fire alarm system and CO detectors.
- Turn off any gas supply lines.
- Turn off any electricity that is not refrigeration at the power supply box.
- Fill all generators and company vehicles with fuel.
- Have essential keys organized by building for emergency responders.
- Include Master Keys & Fireman’s recall keys for elevators.
- Stock up on all emergency supplies.
- Flashlights / Batteries
- Bottled Water / Non-perishable food supply
- Battery Powered Radio (Tune to NOAA Radiofrequency)
- First Aid Kits
- Dust Masks
- Cell Phone Charger
- Cash (ATM’s and Credit Cards will not work without power.)